Need help with your VAT Return?
VAT compliance can be complex and it’s not uncommon for businesses to either underpay or overpay their liability on their VAT returns.
Whether you’re just starting out or have an established business, at PW John and Co accountants in Weston-super-Mare we can help you to avoid penalties by ensuring that you meet your VAT responsibilities.
What is the purpose of a VAT return?
The purpose of a VAT return is to calculate how much VAT a company must pay to, or be reimbursed by HMRC.
It is mandatory for businesses with a VATable turnover above the VAT threshold (currently £85,000) to register for VAT and charge it on VATable goods or services.
Do I need to submit a VAT return?
VAT registered businesses must report the amount of VAT they have charged customers and paid to other businesses to HMRC via a VAT return. VAT returns must usually be submitted every 3 months.
Please visit our VAT registration page if you’re unsure whether or not you need to register for VAT.
VAT return deadlines
VAT returns must usually be submitted to HMRC every 3 months. This is known as your ‘VAT quarter’.
The deadline for submitting your quarterly VAT return is usually 1 calendar month and 7 days after the end of your previous VAT quarter. You can check when your VAT return is due by signing into the Government Gateway.
Our VAT return services
At PW John and Co Accountants in Weston-super-Mare we can assist with your VAT return in a number of ways;
- Give us your books and records and we’ll complete the VAT return for you.
- Give us the VAT return that you or your book-keeper have prepared and we’ll review it for you and advise you of any adjustments that need to be made to your figures before you submit them to HMRC.
- Give us your completed VAT return and we’ll submit it to HMRC for you.
- We can provide training on how to complete your VAT return yourself.
We can also assist with;
- Applying for VAT registration.
- Advice ref the VAT schemes that are most suitable for your business.
- VAT planning.
- Dealing with any disputes that might arise with Customs.
- Attendance at VAT inspections.
Find out more
To discuss your requirements in more detail, you can call our team on 01934 412097, email or complete the form on our contact page and we’ll be in touch shortly.
Here are some more resources that you might find useful;
Other accountancy services
We offer a comprehensive range of accountancy services for businesses and individual clients. Click the links below to find out more.
GET IN TOUCH